Sunday, January 26, 2014

Valentine's Day Inspired Collection and Custom Portraits

Pin It  Hello My Friends! Valentine's Day is just around the corner and today I have a special treat for you. This sweet Valentine's inspired collection for this special occation may be just what you like. If you interested in seeing more, please go to my shop.


I have been busy of the past two weeks with a few custom portraits and general abstract commissions. But before I show you some of my latest work please watch the video.   This is so true to my life lately is not even funny.

Here are some of the highlights of my completed and nearly completed pieces. Don't you think that they are precious:)  I still can't get those sweet little faces out of my mind!





And this is from my recent bridal and anniversary custom illustration: 






This is how the custom portrait process works: Then you send me an email or convo from etsy shop telling me as much about the people as you want to - the little bits help: personality, silly stuff, stories, all that. You send me photographs.  Depending on my current schedule, it can take up to 2-3 weeks after you buy the listing for me to complete the piece and mail it to you. You will receive one 9x14 sized original watercolor. The piece will be signed by me unless you request otherwise.

Check the images above to see if you like my style. Image here is a good comparison of photograph and final piece. As you can see, I work in a loose, impressionistic/semi-abstract style, so you will NOT have an exact reproduction of your photograph, but rather a loose interpretation based on what you told me about your subject and the images you sent me.

As always love, hugs, and the sweet wishes to all! 
xx, Lana



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! The custom pieces are so great and so special for your clients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I try to reveal the beauty, sweetness, and whimsy in seemingly mundane aspects of everyday life as well as revealing profound layers of complexity in personality. Nothing really as looks as seems like in the outside...it always the layers of identity, personality, and unique treats in each of us. With use of colors, pattern, and texture, I created a story. This is why I love to do a portraits...it always excites me.

      Delete
  2. I love the first one, beautiful colours and I love that it has a little bit of bright pink in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! Love pink as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beautiful! I think the couple under the umbrella is my favorite, but all of them are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the couple painting especially because it reminds me of my personal connection and it is abstract enough to bring anyone personal respond...so I hope:)

      Delete
  5. Wow, Lana - stunning work!! I love your sense of whimsy :)
    You've captured the innocence of the children wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Duni! Over the last 10 years I painted probably over the 100 of kids portraits...and taught over the thousands...so this is makes me (I hope) the "child expert" ...lol

    ReplyDelete